Monday, December 19, 2011

How do I apply templates to other powerpoint slides?

I got a template off of www.templatewise.com and I can get the template to apply to new slides. When ever I click new slide or copy the slide the new slide is just blank. I tried to save the template as a template and then apply it but I haven't had any luck. Does anyone know what to do?|||I didn't check the site, but I know a lot of those templates aren't really template files - they are just slides with formatted backgrounds. You had the exact right idea when you tried to copy and paste the slides, but I think you missed one step...





When you paste the slide, look for a little clipboard icon at the corner of the slide(s) you pasted. It has a pulldown arrow - pull it down and select Keep Source Formatting.





Hopefully that will do it for you.





Basically, it's just a slide with a formatted background. When you paste it, it takes on the formatting of the slide ahead of it unless you select Keep Source Formatting. You may also be able to right click on the slide and select Save Background. If that is possible, you could save out the image and put it into a slide master and create your own template from there.|||Right click the template and select 'Apply to all' and all slides in the presentation will get the template.

No comments:

Post a Comment